Logo

Logo
credits to NBN graphix

Thursday 9 April 2020

Expenses

I think spending everyday
Spending beyond amounts and figures
Spending treasures I can't measure
Yet I'm spending under no pressure
Neither am I spending on anything that warrants pleasure

I may be spending without currencies
Running deep into starving deficiencies
With no idea of my limits and fantasies
Who knows what next I might be spending like it were cheap


So I asked my conscience and he says

He realized I'm spending every hate on my enemies
So much there's barely enough for the sinful me
Or these slavery days I'm still living out on my knees
So I'm only finding faults with everyone except me

He says I'm spending time on everything but myself
Like my work so I get to look wealthy
And spend on everything but never be healthy
Or spend on helping like a hero until I'm praised and admired
So I have a heart of gold but I'm spending eternity mining neglecting my own family

Funny how I'm spending nothing and expecting everything
Like denying myself respect yet expecting too much from everyone
So I'm the bitter opposition who can't better my current position yet I hope for higher positions

He says I'm spending words in poetry and expecting their praise in return,
Like if it wasn't for my pieces they would ever look my direction when they turn...

True I barely realized how much I spent or how much I received in return,
But...
I just hope these words don't leave me like some mere....


EXPENSES

Pampanaa 

No comments:

Post a Comment