Logo

Logo
credits to NBN graphix

Thursday 9 April 2020

CONTACT

I met a lady earlier today
She wore a smile both ways
Glowing in the middle of today
Beauty was on full display
That I stammered on what to say
How many words could replace okay
I mean aside "oh" and "kay"
I hope she never find mistakes
Like how many times I said hey
Spitting out very few words like Dré
Or the number of times I interrupted before she could say okay.
Don't let her leave I pray
At least after a drink but not this way

She doesn't say much but just okay

We end there so she turns to go away
And I also find my way


But as we take timid steps in our directions
Slowly beneath this sky of tension

Lips quivering as if to mention
Something we never mentioned
Like there's something we both missing

A little event we can't down play
Especially if we're going straight like ray

Something we both want from each other
And something that will keep us closer
Even if not to together, then somewhere nearer

So I beckoned her back before she goes further


Her feet carried her easier than before

Until she's closer

And she's glad that I was quick to remember

So with that awesome smile she says:

"I know you called to ask for my number"


C. O. N. T. A. C. T.

Pampanaa

No comments:

Post a Comment